The House of Amos could not exist without the efforts of its volunteers. Many dedicated volunteers donate their time, talents and efforts to insure that people in the community do not go hungry.
The House of Amos is always seeking volunteers in the following areas:
- Assist in the House of Amos Emergency Food Pantry. Monday through Thursday, 8:45 am to 12:30 pm, Saturday, 9:45 am am to 12:30 pm. Our greatest need is for volunteers in our pantry on weekdays, Monday through Thursday. Note: Due to the high number of people wanting to volunteer at House of Amos, we ask that you call 281 495-9061 during our pantry operating hours to sign up for volunteer opportunities. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Pantry operating hours are Monday through Thursday, 9 am to 12 Noon and Saturday, 10 am to 12 Noon
- Teach ESL classes
- Volunteer to assist in ESL classes
- Volunteers with skills or experience in fundraising or public relations are needed
- Volunteers under age 13 are welcome to volunteer with their parent or guardian
- Volunteers under age 18 must have a parent or guardian's signature on the registration form. Volunteers between the ages of 13 and 15 must be accompanied by their parent the first time they volunteer.
- Volunteers should dress comfortably but refrain from wearing the following: pajamas, beach attire including beach-type, rubber flip flops or shower shoes, spaghetti straps, facial piercings (nose, eyebrows, lip, chin), head coverings (hats, shower caps, do-rags, bandanas) unless for medical or religious reasons. All pants must be worn at waist level (no underwear may show), no excessive cleavage and no bare midriffs.
If you would like to sign up to volunteer, please call 281-495-9061. If you have questions about volunteering, please call 281-495-9061 or send an email to email@example.com. You may complete a volunteer application and bring it with you when you come to House of Amos.